Nothing has made us MPL's team of shop fitters happier than seeing retail stores, restaurants and pubs reopen to the public but times have changed. Rather than people casually meandering in off the street, currently tables need to be pre-booked and numbers in store sometimes restricted.
The necessity has given rise to two new requirements in retail design – the front-of-house desk and a reception area. While places such as beauty salons and hairdressers have always had somewhere for people to book in and wait, many other consumer-facing businesses have operated with a free-flowing, open door policy.
Now even pubs and bars find themselves required to monitor who comes in, with staff having to cross check online bookings systems, display track and trace advice, make hand sanitizer available and perhaps even supply customers with a place to manually fill in personal details – and all this needs to happen before people can be moved into the main part of the store or venue.
Coming into its own is the front-of-house. This aspect has always been part of MPL’s repertoire, as we have completed hundreds of commercial fit outs and office refurbishments where reception areas and welcome desks are integral to the company premises.
Now we are applying our skills to the retail and hospitality sectors, helping companies operate safely and become accountable. Ask us about:
- Bespoke front-of-house desks, with internal illumination, storage and branding
- Space saving podium-style desks for small areas
- Power and data supplies for IT equipment , phones and point-of-sales machines
- Waiting areas that meet current Covid-safe regulations
- Seating options that are easy to clean between uses
- Covid-compliant signage designed in line with corporate branding
- Motion-operated doors and hand sanitizer dispensers to create a no-touch entrance
We would be happy to evaluate your current entrance, and suggest alterations and improvements to create a compliant working environment. Contact us today.